SAMS is always looking for ways to expand its network and reach across the United States. If you are interested in joining one of our chapters but there is no one close to you, we encourage you to start a chapter! Please read the guidelines below and then if your group meets the criteria listed below, please contact our office.
A Chapter shall be reviewed by the Membership Committee and deemed eligible if:
- It includes in its membership twenty (20) or more Active Members of the Society.
- It holds a minimum of one scientific meeting and one business meeting each year.
- Its officers are Active Members of the Society and have been elected by vote of the members of the Chapter.
- Only Active members who paid full membership dues can hold office and vote in elections.
- Chapter submits all reports required by the Board of Directors.
- Chapter president is required to attend SAMS national meetings when necessary.
- It adopts Bylaws, which shall not conflict with the Bylaws of the Society.
- Each chapter is independent in regards to its finance and record keeping, and SAMS is not financially, legally or otherwise responsible for chapter’s action unless specified otherwise under these Bylaws.
- If any discrepancy arises between Chapter and SAMS Bylaws or Policies and Procedures, then SAMS bylaws should be followed.
If you are interested in starting a chapter in your area, please contact Jeehan Shehrine Binte Faiz via email at [email protected] or via phone at (202) 930-7810.