Join SAMS. Make a Difference.
As a member of SAMS, you are a part of a renowned and respected organization dedicated to enhancing the medical knowledge of its members, supporting continuing medical education, and saving lives affected by the Syrian crisis.
By continuing to support SAMS through your membership, you are part of a growing global network that provides remarkable medical care and has unique opportunities. SAMS supports healthcare throughout Syria, sponsoring field hospitals and ambulances, training and paying the salaries of Syrian medical personnel, and sending lifesaving humanitarian aid and medical equipment to where it is needed most. SAMS also supports Syrian refugees in neighboring countries with critical psychosocial support, medical care, and art therapy programs.
SAMS remains dedicated to providing our members through opportunities, broad reaching networks, and benefits. SAMS supports Syrian medical residency applicants, seeks to assimilate International Medical Graduates to American medical practices in order to prepare them for residency, and sponsors a peer-reviewed medical journal. SAMS continues to hold national and international conferences annually to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and best practices, recognition of leaders in humanitarian and medical work, and trainings and updates on cutting edge medical relief.
In addition to contributing to an invaluable network of over 2,000 physicians, dentists, pharmacists, fellows, residents, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, you receive exclusive SAMS membership benefits that include a discounted rate to our CME activities and discounted services with our partners.
Here are some of our benefits we offer to our members:
On line access to The Avicenna Journal of Medicine SAMS medical journal
Discounted fee for SAMS medical conferences including the annual national and international ones and other symposiums that offer CME credit
Special benefits for medical students and residents include:
- Interview Skills Workshops
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, & 3 Clinical Skills Workshops
- Applying for a Residency Workshop
- Observership program
- Interest free starter loan for eligible applicants
- 10% discount on Kaplan course: We are proud to partner with Syrian American Medical Society to offer its members a series of online services, exclusive resources, and 10% savings on select Kaplan courses. Our courses are designed to help physicians and medical students score higher on the USMLE*, and obtain deeper insight into standards of care as well as common procedures and protocols in Western Medicine.
- 10% discount on language training programs: Multilingual Connections, a Chicago-based language training and translation services organization, is happy to offer SAMS members a 10% discount on language training programs including group classes, private and semiprivate (2-4 students) tutoring, Bilingual Boot Camps, corporate language training as well as translation, transcription and interpretation services in over 75 languages. For more information, please visit Multilingual Connections.
Other benefits include:
- Discount on Match MD: SAMS has partnered with MatchMD to provide significant discounts for your after-hours call service and paging to your secure phones. On-Line on-call scheduling makes administration easy and cost effective. To learn more, please visit MatchMD. You may also contact them via email [email protected].
- Discounted Immigration Legal Services: SAMS has partnered with Peter F. Asaad, Esq. and Nadeen Aljijakli, Esq. to assist our members with any legal-related questions and services at discounted immigration legal rates.
- 10% Discount on Hertz car rental service: 10% Discount on Hertz Daily Member Benefit Rates (car classes A through F Economy 2 Door through Full-size 4 Door). Please contact us at [email protected] to receive your special membership number.
For more information and inquiries, please contact our Membership & Event Coordinator Courtney Mallory at [email protected].
We look forward to your continued membership with SAMS and support of our collective mission.